Suggested follow up activities:
- Explore how plants (such as sunflowers) grow toward the sun, taking regular photographs or by watching time lapse videos.
- Planting seeds and document the changes.
- Weighing ‘gold’ and comparing it to other materials – use scales to understand weight.
- Measure height and width of a variety or objects, using rulers and other equipment.
- Get the class to put themselves in height order, from “Jack” to “Giant” – this can be a timed activity and when repeated the aim could be for it to be quicker than before.
- Group Drama game: “Keeper of the Keys” game – choose someone to be the keeper of the Keys to the Castle. They must be blindfolded (or seated in a way which restricts vision) and someone else must ‘steal’ the keys. Once the thief returns to their position and hides the keys, the ‘detective’ must guess who now has it. Depending on the size of the group give the detective a set about of guesses.